Thursday, November 15, 2007

Introduction - making the big jump into publishing

Ok, so this will be new to me. Lately I have been learning a lot from several blogs ... to name a few Strobist, Matt Adcock and his FlashFavor blog, Sol Tamargo, Bert Stephani, Rui's Lightingmods blog, and I also realize that an increasing number of artists are blogging about their art, the creative process behind it, their personal live, their techniques or simply their most recent work, serving the double purpose of giving back to the community they belong to and of making themselves so much more personable to their past, present and future customers.

I don't know if I'll be able to keep up and blog regularly myself about my work, experiences etc, but I'll give it a shot, in a plain and simple fashion ... after all, the english language isn't my forte being a french speaking belgian guy ... aiming at the purposes mentioned above.

I hope you will enjoy what you find here and that you will come back often to check for updates. I am already thinking about using this psace for running special offers on photo shoots etc. So stay tuned. That will keep the pressure on me for providing meaningful and fresh content on a regular basis ;-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jacques, it's great that you started blogging. I really hope you will find the time and energy to continue your blog.

I love the natural feel of your images, so it would be great to read the story behind some of them.

By the way, are you the photographer I spoke briefly to on the Paris strobist seminar?

Oh yes, my last name is Stephani, instead of Stefani.

Unknown said...

No idea, why I'm called John but I can live with that.

Bert/John

Jacques Saive Photography said...

Hi Bert/John,

Sorry about the mispelling of your last name.

Yes I am the photographer who commented on your blog regarding the Paris strobist seminar.

I am also belgian, originaly from Liege. I am part time photographer, sharing my time between my family, my project manager job for a multinational firm and my photography.

Thanks for stopping by and for the encouragements.

Jacques